The K&D Group is the largest, privately held multi-family residential real estate company in Northeast Ohio.
Their portfolio of over 40 properties and nearly 11,000 residential units is located throughout the Greater Cleveland area, and south to Akron and Canton. With more than 30 years of experience in acquiring and managing such properties, Doug Price and Karen Paganini have built K&D into one of the premier companies of its kind in the region.
Over the past several years, K&D guided the redevelopment of several historic buildings downtown into stunning mixed-use residential centers.
- In 2008, the former William Taylor & Sons Department Store was transformed into THE RESIDENCES AT 668. This $70 million flagship project converted the turn-of-the-century building into one of the most fashionable and desirable addresses in Downtown Cleveland, welcoming its first residents in 2009.
- On the heels of this success, K&D identified another historic renovation and purchased the Hanna Annex in Playhouse Square in 2012. With its doors opening in 2013, THE RESIDENCES AT HANNA introduced over 100 new apartments to an area that had been previously lacking in quality, luxury residential options -- and became the first apartment community in the Playhouse Square District.
- In 2013, K&D embarked on its next historic renovation with the purchase of the East Ohio Gas Building. At the time of its construction in 1959 it was the second tallest and first all-glass building in Downtown Cleveland. After transforming this glass tower into luxury suites offering some of the most impressive views of the Cleveland skyline and Lake Erie shore, RESIDENCES AT 1717 began welcoming residents home in 2014.
- 2014 brought about the purchase of the Leader Building - built in 1913 as the headquarters for The Cleveland Leader and The Cleveland News newspapers. Located in the historic Gateway District, the 2017 opening of RESIDENCES AT LEADER was timely, occurring during a population resurgence in downtown Cleveland.
- The Halle Building, built in 1910 as the Halle Brothers Co. department store, was purchased by K&D in 2014. RESIDENCES AT HALLE began occupancy in summer 2018 and is currently almost totally leased.
What’s next for The K&D Group? The Terminal Tower was purchased in 2016. The Terminal Tower Residences began construction in 2018. Nearly 300 luxury suites located on 11 floors and a mixed-use residential center is now leasing with first occupancy in September 2019.